You have 70 days.
Between now and November 1st, 2007, you have 70 days to create a game with the smallest and/or most irregular aspect ratio you can dream up. And then on November 28th, we’re throwing a giant party for your game, in Montreal.
It is gamma 256.
- Your game’s resolution absolutely may not exceed 256×256 pixels maximum.
- Your game must run on Windows XP and use an xbox360 controller.
- Your game may use any kind of aspect ratio and be as low-res as you want. (ex: 16×256, 64×8, 4×4)
- Your game may use as many colors as you would like.
- Your game should remain simple, pick-up-and-play.
- A single game session should not last more than 5 minutes.
- Your game should not rely on audio of any kind (no sound will be fed out of the game at the event).
- Single-machine multiplayer is fine/great.
- All games will remain the property of their respective creators.
Even though the max resolution is 256 x 256, we bet you can do much better than that. So give us your 8×8, your 128×16, your 23×230. Give us your pixelated masterpiece, your 3D postage stamp, your wink-wink retro homage.
Just give it to us by November 1st.